Terms and Conditions
The information below is covered by UK consumer protection legislation and English law.
You are deemed to have read and accepted our terms and conditions when submitting your order. We strongly recommend that you also read our delivery and returns information prior to ordering.
If you have any questions at all please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. This agreement applies as between you, the user of this website and Baby at the Bank, the owner of this website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website.
2. No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
3. Persons under the age of 18 should use this website only under the supervision of an adult. Payment information must be provided by or with the permission of an adult.
4. In order to purchase goods on this website, you may wish to create an account which will contain certain personal details including not limited to, billing address, delivery address and your name. The website does not store payment information in your account but calls on you to enter your payment details on every purchase. By continuing to use this website you warrant that the information you submit is accurate and truthful and that you have permission to submit payment information where permission is required.
5. It is recommended that you do not share your account details, particularly your username and password. Baby at the Bank accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your account details in your internet browser.
6. If you have reason to believe that your account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact email@example.com immediately to suspend your account.
Secure On-Line Ordering
7. Baby at the Bank offers secure, encrypted and password-protected online shopping facilities for your peace of mind. The padlock will appear in your top address bar when you are inputting secured information. Baby at the Bank accepts credit/ debit card and PayPal payments using either the Worldpay secure payment gateway or a PayPal secured Page. For debit/credit card payments we recommend that you enrol for your bank's card protection scheme such as 'verified by visa' or 'MasterCard secure' which protects your card data with your own password. This helps prevent unauthorised use of your card details for fraudulent internet purchases.
Termination and Cancellation of orders
8. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to delivery. If purchases are cancelled for any reason you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
9. Made to order items are noncancellable once they have entered production. Customers who place orders for made to order items will receive an email to confirm once production has begun. For customer reference items that are made to order are highlighted on product pages.
Goods, Pricing and Availability
10. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of goods available from Baby at the Bank correspond to the actual goods, Baby at the Bank is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct goods, not different goods altogether.
11. Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [other features] of the goods that you are purchasing.
12. Baby at the Bank does not represent or warrant that such goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on the website.
13. All pricing information on the website is correct at the time of going online. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated regularly.
14. In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for goods and Baby at the Bank processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price.
15. Prices are governed by the following terms and conditions;
15.1 All prices shown on the website for both products and delivery services are inclusive of any applicable UK VAT.
15.2 For orders where delivery is to a non-EU address, both the product and the delivery prices will be zero-rated, with no UK VAT chargeable. However, the products prices remain the same, regardless of whether or not UK VAT is chargeable on the sale.
15.3.1 All PayPal orders are charged using the currency Pound Sterling (GBP). PayPal will determine any exchange rates and may add an additional processing or administration charge which the customer would be liable to pay. Baby at the Bank is not held responsible for any changes in exchange rates or any PayPal charges.
15.3.2 Baby at the Bank may offer customers the functionality to shop in currencies other than Pound Sterling (GBP) when purchasing using a Credit/Debit Card(Worldpay). Prices will be based on the RBS daily exchange rate, as such prices will be subject to fluctuation. The customer’s card provider/ bank may add additional exchange rate, processing or administration charges which the cardholder would be liable to pay. Baby at the Bank is not held responsible for any changes in exchange rates or any credit card provider/ bank charges.
15.4 All Refunds will be made in the currency that the customer originally purchased in. Baby at the Bank are not responsible and are not held liable for any fluctuations in exchange rates in the time between purchase and refund.
16. Voucher codes must be applied at the checkout.
17. Terms and Conditions for 10% off voucher code - Voucher can only be used once per customer. The voucher code cannot be used on orders which include sale items. The Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
18. Partial Returns or Refunds – In the instance that an order excluding any item(s) for refund continues to meet the terms and conditions of the applied voucher code no action will be made in relation to the discount received. In the instance that the voucher terms and conditions no longer apply e.g the order no longer meets the minimum order value, any refund on your returned item(s) will be issued minus the discount that had been applied to that order.
19. Any brand or product related promotional discounts used during the time of purchase will be deducted from any refunds.
20. Delivery Times - Please be advised that delivery times on products do vary. Some product pages (furniture) will advise you on the estimated delivery time for that specific item, this information can be found in the item description. Please note orders will only be dispatched once all items have been received in stock. For more information on delivery times, international deliveries and prices please visit the Delivery Page.
21. Baby at the Bank will notify you by way of email when your goods are dispatched to you, dispatch emails will provide customers with their tracking information.
22. Baby at the Bank are not held responsible for any delays in delivery, we do however offer a friendly customer service to help resolve any delivery issues.
23. If goods are being ordered or delivered from outside the United Kingdom, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your goods reach their destination. Baby at the Bank is not responsible for these charges and we make no calculations or estimates to this effect. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the goods are being imported. Please be aware that goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Baby at the Bank cannot guarantee that the packaging of your goods will be free of signs of tampering.
24. Baby at the Bank aims to always provide high-quality goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion, however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions:
24.1 If you receive incorrect goods, you should contact Baby at the Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days to arrange collection and return. Baby at the Bank is responsible for paying shipment costs when an incorrect item is sent. You will be given the option to have the goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods. Incorrect goods will only be accepted for return and refund/replacement if they are in their original condition, in original packaging, unused and with tags intact. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned goods.
24.2 If any goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact Baby at the Bank at email@example.com within 5 days to arrange collection and return. Goods must be returned in their original packaging, unused and with tags intact. Upon receipt of the returned goods, the price of the goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods. Baby at the Bank is responsible for paying shipment costs. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to ask for photos of the damage before accepting the return.
24.3 If goods develop a fault, the fault must be reported to Baby at the Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org within 6 months of receipt of the item. The process for goods with faults is managed case by case by our customer service representatives. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to ask for imagery of the damage and reserves the right to ask questions to determine the cause of the fault. Please note some furniture and pushchair/pram items do include also include a warranty, in these instances Baby at the Bank may require the customer to fill in a warranty claim form as requested by the manufacturer.
24.4 If goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should make a reference to the damage on the couriers delivery note when you sign for the goods. In any event, you should report such damage to Baby at the Bank at email@example.com within 5 days and arrange collection and return. Goods must be returned in their original packaging, unused and with tags intact. Upon receipt of the returned goods, the price of the goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods. Baby at the Bank is responsible for paying shipment costs. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to ask for photos of the damage before accepting the return, as such please retain the packaging.
24.5 You have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 7 days after the goods have been delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please email Baby at the Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org for your returns number. Goods can only be returned for this reason if their packaging remains unopened and the goods can be re-sold, as new, without any additional work on the part of Baby at the Bank. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if goods are returned for this reason.
24.6 If an order is delivered to a courier/shipping company for further transportation of goods as arranged by the customer, the terms and conditions stated within sections 24.6.1 - 24.6.3 apply:
24.6.1 We ask that each item is inspected when delivery is made by our courier. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their courier/shipping company report any damage to Baby at the Bank at email@example.com within 5 days of receipt of the parcel to arrange collection and return. In all instances, damage must be reported before the goods are further transported. Upon receipt of the returned goods, the price of the goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods. Baby at the Bank is responsible for paying shipment costs on the condition that the goods have not been further transported. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to ask for photos of the damage before accepting the return, as such please inform the courier/shipping company to retain the packaging. After further transportation Baby at the Bank will not be held responsible for any damage caused during transit.
24.6.2 If goods develop a fault, the fault must be reported to Baby at the Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org within 6 months of receipt of the item to the shipping address. The process for goods with faults is managed case by case by our customer service representatives. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to ask for imagery of the damage and reserves the right to ask questions to determine the cause of the fault. Please note some furniture and pushchair/pram items do include a warranty, in these instances, Baby at the Bank may require the customer to fill in a warranty claim form as requested by the manufacturer.
24.6.3 Any replacement goods will be delivered to the country in which was paid for by the customer and stated in the order confirmation under shipping information. It is the customer’s responsibility to then arrange for further transportation of the goods if required.
24.7 Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. With the exception of when a customer receives the incorrect goods, receives an item damaged or their item is received faulty. These exceptions are only applicable in accordance with the terms provided in section 19.1 - 19.7.3
24.8 Baby at the Bank reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
24.8.1 Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the goods;
24.8.2 Any characteristics of the goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
24.8.3 Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
26. Baby at the Bank makes no warranty or representation that the website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
27. No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
28. No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
29. Baby at the Bank reserves the right to change the website, its content or these terms and conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the terms and conditions from the first time you use the website following the changes. If Baby at the Bank is required to make any changes to terms and conditions relating to the sale of goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
30.. We give no warranty that the website service will be free of defects and/or faults. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
31. Baby at the Bank accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
32. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Baby at the Bank accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the website and its content at their own risk.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Baby at the Bank's liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Baby at the Bank.
34. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
35. In the event that any party to these terms and conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
36. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
37. All content included on this website, including, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Baby at the Bank, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By using the website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws.
38. You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from this website unless otherwise indicated on the website or given express written permission to do so by Baby at the Bank.
39. Material from the website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
40. This website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Baby at the Bank or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
41. All notices/communications shall be given to us by email to email@example.com
Law and Jurisdiction
42. These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Baby at the Bank shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and Baby at the Bank and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.