This policy applies to you, the user of this website and Baby at the Bank the owner and provider of this website. This policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us in relation to your use of the website and any services or systems therein.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation is a new data protection legislation, which strengthens the existing data protection law and updates it to take into account changes in technology and attitudes to privacy in the digital age.
1. Data which may be collected by Baby at the Bank include:
1.1 Name (When placing an order, opening an account or submitting an enquiry)
1.2 Contact information such as email addresses, address and telephone numbers (When placing an order, opening an account or submitting an enquiry)
1.3 Payment method: Worldpay or PayPal / Credit or Debit Card. Please note we do not store payment card details. (When placing an order, opening an account or submitting an enquiry)
1.4 Demographic information such location, gender and age (automatically collected)
1.5 IP address (automatically collected)
1.6 Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
1.7 Operating system (automatically collected)
1.8 A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
1.9 Cookie information (see below)
PCI DSS Compliant
Baby at the Bank is protected by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is a standard which helps ensure that your credit and debit card payment data are safe and secure when shopping on our website.
Use of Data
2. Any or all of the above data may be required to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary. All the data you input onto the website is stored securely in the EU. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
2.1.1 Enable us to sell our goods and services to our customers
2.1.2 To improve our products/services;
2.1.3 To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
2.1.4 For market research purposes. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
2.1.5 To maintain our own accounts and records.
Third Party Websites and Services
3. Baby at the Bank sometimes needs to share the personal information we store with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
3.1 Financial organisations
3.2 Couriers and delivery providers
3.3 Search engines facilities and marketing providers
3.5 Government agencies when required
4.2 You have rights to have your personal data deleted from our system once we have completed your order and the legal obligation for us to hold the data have lapsed (for example VAT sales records)
4.3 You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. This can be done through your account, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications which we might send you, or by contacting email@example.com.
Accessing your own Data
5. If you have created an account you may access this at any time to view or amend the data. You may need to modify or update your data if your circumstances change.
5.1 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data, requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Data security is of great importance to email@example.com, to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected online.
7. A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. The Types of cookies used on this website are:
7.1.1 Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Place Order”.
7.1.2 Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
7.1.3 Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping, these cookies will remember your preferences (such as your language, location and currency preferences).
7.1.4 Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you.
7. 2 By using this site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected.
8. Baby at the Bank will send you special offers and promotions by email. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by email, you can unsubscribe by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to websites
9. Baby at the Bank may contain links to other websites of interest. Please note that Baby at the Bank cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
Changes to this Policy